Here's another home full of lovely little things and splashes of bright color everywhere via desire to inspire.I could totally live here too. The difficulty of decorating with found objects and mismatched vintage housewares is the tendency toward overpowering tackiness and a general sense of clutter. Understatement and balance are key. Here, simple and spare furnishings, a neutral paint color (what's more neutral than white?), and bare walls are punched up with small doses of bold and pastel colors, large patterns (floral, geometric, and ethnic), and whimsical touches like the rainbow flags above the sofa and in the bedroom. What could be happier?
Here are some bright and happy housewares, inspired by the desire to make your home a brighter, happier place! All from etsy.
Top row (L to R):
- tin canisters (set of 4), $12 from Grey Brocket's Home
- apothecary jars (set of 4), $10 from beatgrrrl's basement
- petal bowls (set of 7), $30 from edelweiss vintage
- milk glass mug by Hazel Atlas, $6 from Bliss vintage
- tablecloth, $25 from thriftypyg
- mug, $6.95 from Teelady