Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Teacups and saucers.

Like Jordan of one of my favorite blogs Oh Happy Day, I've been in the inspiration doldrums. Maybe it's all the thunderstorms we've been getting lately. Except I LOVE thunderstorms. So that can't be it. Anyway, I was about to write this day off until, doldrums be darned, I saw this lovely teacup and saucer set from Rosenthal, the German porcelain maker I wrote about a few weeks ago. The gold trim is nice, but the purple half moons and dots really take the cake! All from etsy.

Everyone has to have at least one beautiful cup and saucer, and wouldn't it be lovely to throw a tea party with a set of mismatched drinkware and pretty hats? Here are some more teacups and saucers to charm you right out of hump day and on to pre-Friday!

Top row (L to R):
  1. single teacup and saucer, $8 from My Southern Lace
  2. blue and gold set, $8 from Bliss Vintage
  3. pair of Limoges cups and saucers, $34.95 from JuJuToo
Middle row (L to R):
  1. cup and saucer, $6 from My Sunshine Vintage
  2. gold vine cup and saucer, $14 from artsfarm
  3. espresso cup and saucer, $10 from auroramae
Bottom row (L to R):
  1. cup and saucer (Florentine Gold pattern from Wedgwood), $24 from Charming's Collectibles
  2. bone china cup and saucer, $20 from Dragonflyz
  3. handmade cup and saucer by Hammersley, $29 from blue bell bazaar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous blog!~ i was so happy to find a posting on one of my favorite collectibles and source of much inspiration, china. these teacups are beautiful...i think my fave is the florentine gold pattern from wedgwood.